Bitpowr Technologies Inc. (Bitpowr)
- Bitpowr ("We", "Us", or "Our") operates a blockchain infrastructure for financial institutions that offers secure blockchain protocols and tools to build financial products, manage, and scale digital asset operations.
- This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) guides your use of our Website: https://bitpowr.com (“the Website”) and your rights regarding our collection, use, storage and protection of your personal data when you visit, access, browse through and/or use our Website or Services. Your privacy is important to us.
Your personal data that we process
- Personal data is any information about an individual that can be used to identify that person directly or indirectly. We do not consider personal data to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
- In connection with the services we provide, we collect personal and financial information from you while you use our products, services, website and interact with our blog and newsletter. We may ask you to provide us with certain personal data directly to contact or identify you, and some automatically for our Website to function effectively. We also collect personal data when you provide feedback and/or report a problem.
- We collect the following information:
Business information like your business name, business address, business email, and business contact number
The domain name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Other information may be collected while using our services, such as sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, registration at place of residence and actual address, telephone number (work, mobile), details of documents on education, qualification, professional training, employment agreements, NDA agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, information on marital status, family members, social security (or other taxpayer identification) number, and office location.
Data and time of your visits
Personal information like your first and last name, email address, phone number, and address.
The Internet protocol address used to connect your device to the Internet for identification purposes
Transactional data such as transaction ID, wallet address, etc.
Web pages visited, duration and frequency of visit
Login email addresses and passwords
Lawful Bases for processing data
- We are required to process your data under at least one of these lawful bases:
- i. Legitimate interest: Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided your rights and interests do not outweigh those interests.
- ii. Consent: You have given explicit consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose.
- iii. Contract: If your data processing is necessary for a contract you have with us or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
- iv. Legal obligation: If the processing of your data is necessary where there is a statutory obligation on us.
- v. Purpose of processing your data and the lawful basis
- We collect your data to;
|Purpose of Processing
• To administer our business
• To enhance data security.
• To identify your device when you access your account.
• To enforce our terms of service and any terms and conditions of any other agreements for our services.
Legitimate interest, Contract
• To inform you whenever there are changes to our terms of business or services
• To notify you of any changes to our service, solving issues via live chat support, phone, or email, including any bug fixing.
• To take statistical data and analytics for our use internally
• To send you service-related messages
• To analyse site usage and provide, maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Site
• To help us to develop, improve, customise or restructure our services
• To send marketing or promotional messages to you.
• To install non-strictly necessary cookies on your device
• To enable you to carry out transactions.
• To communicate with you and for customer support.
• To address your inquiries, process your registration, and complete your transactions.
• To share your personal data with third-party service providers
• To fulfil our Know Your Customer (KYC) obligation.
• To interact with regulatory authorities or other public authorities concerning you
To secure your data and prevent fraud
Legitimate interest, legal obligation
Your rights as a data subject
- The law vests you with certain rights as a data subject. They include the right to;
- i. access personal data we hold about you by requesting a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- ii. rectify such information where you believe it to be inaccurate;
- iii. restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances;
- iv. object to the processing of your data where we intend to process such data for marketing purposes;
- v. where feasible, receive all personal data you have provided to us —in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format—and transmit the information to another data controller;
- vi. request the erasure of your data (also known as the right to be forgotten);
- vii. withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- viii. not be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing or profiling; and
- ix. lodge a complaint with a relevant authority, where you have reason to believe that we have violated the term(s) of this Privacy Notice. (You may complain or seek redress from us within 30 days from the time you first detected the alleged violation.).
- You may seek to exercise any of the above rights at any time by sending an email to us at: [email protected]
- In the event of a complaint, users may direct such a complaint to the appropriate supervisory authority in their respective country.
Retention of your data
- The data and any other information we collect from you will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Notice.
- disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. Furthermore, once you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we delete your data for targeted marketing purposes.
- Please note that your data may be retained for a more extended period, notwithstanding your request to remove your data, where there is a legal requirement to do so.
How your data is stored
- We are very particular about preserving your privacy and protecting your data. We deploy reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your data safe. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information you transmit via our website, as the internet is not an entirely secure place. Nevertheless, we are committed to doing our best to protect you.
- We protect your data using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are data encryption and access controls.
- Where there is an actual or suspected data breach capable of causing harm to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you without undue delay and use our best effort to remedy the breach promptly.
International transfer of data
- As a multinational with business in multiple countries, we may transfer your personal data outside our country of operation. However, when our processing activities require the international transfer of data, we shall take adequate measures to ensure data security. Our data transfers to countries without adequate protection for your data are subject to the conditions provided under relevant data protection laws. The conditions may include;
- i. The receiving country is subject to a law, binding corporate rules, contractual clauses, code of conduct, or certification mechanism;
- ii. The receiving country has adequate protection mechanisms;
- iii. Your consent has been obtained;
- iv. The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between Us and you or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request;
- v. The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between Us and the third party in your interest;
- vi. The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest;
- vii. The transfer is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- viii. The transfer is essential to protect your vital interests or other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
- Please contact us to obtain relevant information regarding your data transfers to third countries (including the appropriate transfer mechanisms).
Marketing and communications
- We only send marketing communications to you with your consent. You may choose to opt out of our marketing emails by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the page.
- If you are concerned about an alleged breach of data protection law or any other regulation by us, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at […]. The DPO will investigate your complaint and provide information about how your complaint is handled.
- Please be advised that if your complaints are not satisfactorily addressed, you may file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
Changes to this notice
- We update our privacy notice from time to time. We will notify our users when we change it, and visitors will know this by checking the last date of update on this page whenever you visit.
- If you have any questions relating to this Notice, or your rights under this Notice, or are not satisfied with how we manage your personal data, kindly reach out to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].